Okuibuki Motorpark (奥伊吹モーターパーク) is located at the Shiga Prefecture’s Yonehara City. More specifically at the Okuibuki Ski Resort, one of the largest ski areas in Kansai. It host several drifting, gymkhana, and motorcycle competitions during the year as well as music festivals and concerts. Because of the lights available at the night time this is the first place supporting night time drifting and gymkhana.
The track at the Okuibuki Motorpark is created at 6 parking lots which JAF approved for Speed events and competitions. It’s the one of the world’s highest peak where you can enjoy watching drifting, gymkhana, and motorcycle races.
- Circuit length: depends on the setup
- Course width: depends on the setup
Each event is setup such a way that the spectators have really good view of the track and the main action points.
Access to Okuibuki Motorpark
The Okuibuki Motorpark is at a very convenient location, only 110 minutes from Osaka, 80 minutes from Kyoto and 60 minutes from Nagoya.
- By public transport
- Get off at “Omi Nagaoka Station” on JR Tokaido Main Line, and take the bus to Gotsuhara (50 minutes).
- By car
- About 30 minutes from Hokuriku Expressway “Nagahama IC”
- About 30 minutes from Hokuriku Expressway “Yonehara IC”
- About 30 minutes from Meishin Expressway “Sekigahara IC”
Facilities at Okuibuki Motorpark
- Parking lot: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Vending machines: yes
- Restroom: yes
- Locker: yes
- FORMULA DRIFT JAPAN 2019 Series
- FMX Freestyle Motorcross
- Motor Games
- MRC Chubu Gymkhana Championship
- JMRC Kinki Jim Kana Champion
- G6 Gymkhana
- Manuka ABCS + Sports Car Meeting
- The 11th D-up Carnival
Tips for visiting the Okuibuki Motorpark
The motorsport facility is located in the mountain with ski resort facilities, therefore is highly recommended to spend a few days here to enjoy the nature, the hot spring (onsen), the numerous delicious local food and adventurous or family activities. Booking accommodation locally shouldn’t be a problem unless a large event is organised.