Nikko Circuit (日光サーキット) motorsport facility is located at the Tochigi Prefecture’s Utsunomiya City. The circuit hosts multiple car and motorcycle racing events, including drifting championship. It’s available for both amateur and professional drivers. The site is located in a forrest and the spectators can overview the course from the paddock area. It’s a great circuit for a weekend trip and for watching drifting.
- Circuit length: 1,027 m
- Course width: 10 – 15 m
- Max. straight length: 250 m
The spectators are able to see the whole course from the paddock.
Access to Nikko Circuit
The circuit is easily accessible from the Utsunomiya city
- By public transport
- Take the Tohoku-Hokkaido Shinkansen or Yamagata Shinkansen to Utsunomiya city, and take a taxi from the station (about 35 min).
- By car from Tokyo
- From Tokyo, head north on the Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway Kawaguchi Line and Tohoku Expressway and get off in Utsunomiya IC in about 10 minutes. When you get off at Utsunomiya IC, take the general road without getting on the Nikko Utsunomiya Road. The entrance to the circuit from the general road can be easily missed because there is a narrow tunnel you have to go though to get to the circuit.
Facilities at Nikko Circuit
- Parking lot: yes
- Restroom: yes, for wheelchair users too
- Meeting room: yes
- Vending machine: yes
- Rescue room: yes
- Shop: yes
- Pit: yes, 9 pits for 18 cars
Tips for visiting the Nikko Circuit
Worth to give a visit to the circuit when there is a larger drifting championship going on. Also Utsunomiya has some great onsens (hot springs), temples and nature to visit. You should definitely visit the famous Nikko town and its shrine.