Mobara Twin Circuit (茂原ツインサーキット) motorsport race track is located at the Chiba Prefecture’s Mobara City. It’s one of the popular courses in Japan supported by wide range of beginners and advanced drivers. This motorsport facility hosts mini bike, drifting, tuning car and bike, grip and kart races and tournaments. It’s a popular place also because of its convenient location of only 10 minutes from the Interchange of the nearest expressway, relatively close to the Tokyo metropolitan are.
As the name suggests the circuit hosts two tracks:
- Mobara Twin Circuit East Course
- Circuit length: 1,124 m
- Course width: 10 – 15 m
- Mobara Twin Circuit West Course
- Circuit length: 700 m
- Max. straight length: 140 m
- Course width: 8 – 10 m
The circuit provides spectator seats which overlook the course, which makes watching the motorsport events more enjoyable. The course runs straight from the last corner which is a great watching spot.
Access to Mobara Twin Circuit
The location of the circuit is relatively close to the Tokyo metropolitan area, which make it very convenient.
- By public transport
- Take the JR Tobosen Line to Mobara Station. From the station take a taxi (15-20 min) or take the Miyako Bus from the Mobara Station South Exit Line 1, and get off at Daida Pass. From here to get to the circuit takes only 3 minutes walk.
- By car
- Take the Metropolitan Expressway and change to the Keiyo Expressway later. Get off at the Mobara-Chonan interchange from where the circuit is only 5 km away.
Facilities at Mobara Twin Circuit
- Annual attendance: 23,000
- Parking lot: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- 2019 AUTOBACS All Japan Kart Championship OK Class
- 2019 JAF All Japan Kart Championship East Region FS-125 Class
- 2019 JAF All Japan Kart Championship East Region FP-3 Class
- 2019 Junior Kart Championship East Region FP-Jr Class
- 2019 Junior Kart Championship East Region FP-JrCadets Class
Tips for visiting the Mobara Twin Circuit
The circuit has some restaurants, however is recommended to bring your own food and drink. If you are coming by car the nearest city, Mobara, is relatively close, and if you are coming from Tokyo you will get to the destination very quickly. The location of the circuit makes it perfect for daily trips.