Honjo Circuit (本庄サーキット) is located at Saitama Prefecture’s Honjo city, hidden in the bottom of an old quarry. It has been opened in 2005 as a mini circuit. Although the length of the track is short, only 1112 m, it has become a popular motorsport hub of the Tokyo Metropolitan Area because of its convenient location. It regularly hosts drift, grip practice events and kart racing tournaments.
There are some great spots to check out the action, either from the pit wall, or due to the quarry surroundings, up on the hill high above the most popular section of the track.
The mini circuit has no elevation, but provides different layout options. It’s a stop-and-go course layout in which short straight lines are connected by a hairpin.
The facilities at Honjo Circuit
There are no shops, cafe or restaurants available most of the days near the circus therefore you should bring your own food and drinks.
Access to the Honjo Circuit
It’s difficult to get to the circuit without any vehicle, therefore it’s recommended to come by car or motorbike.
- By car:
- It takes about 15 to 20 minutes from the Kanetsu Expressway Kotodama Interchange
- By train:
- 10 minutes by taxi from JR Yakoda Kodama Station
- 20 minutes by taxi from JR Joetsu Shinkansen Honjo Waseda Station
- 25 minutes by taxi from JR Takasaki Line Honjo Station
- 2019 JAF All Japan Kart Championship East Region FS-125 Class
- 2019 JAF All Japan Kart Championship East Region FP-3 Class
- and many other
- Official website (in Japanese only)