Bihoku Highland Circuit (備北ハイランドサーキット) is located at Okayama Prefecture’s Niimi city, and it opened in 1958. The two courses at the circuit are mainly used for drifting, grip and gymkhana races. You can enjoy wide range of motorsport activities here, from free practice, free driving to rental services. Both beginner and professional drivers are welcome.
Spectators at the circuit can enjoy the race from the spectators’ seating area, but also can observe the action happening at the pit from the pit standing galleries.
At the circuit you will find two tracks:
- Bihoku Highland Circuit Course A
- Circuit length: 750 m
- Course width: 9 – 11 m
- Max. straight length: 130 m
- Bihoku Highland Circuit Course B
- Circuit length: 1, 100 m
- Course width: 8 – 11 m
- Max. straight length: 170 m
- Safety zone: 5 m min.
- Back straight: 150m
The facilities at Bihoku Highland Circuit
- Area: 40,000 m2
- Parking lot: yes, 1000 (6,800 m2)
- Paddock: yes, 400 (5,000 m2)
- Course area: 10,120 m2
- Pits: yes
- Automatic measuring instrument: yes
- Compressor flush toilet: yes
- Rescue room: yes
- Review Committee Room: yes
- Control tower: yes
- Rest house: yes
- Vending machine: yes
Access to the Bihoku Highland Circuit
The circuit is about 30 minutes drive or 55 minutes by bus from Niimi city.
- By Car
- From Osaka Suita JCT on the Chugoku Expwy. to Niimi IC: 2 hours and 50 min. (222 km)
- From Hiroshimakita JCT on the Chugoku Expwy. to Niimi IC: 1 hour and 30 min. (121 km)
- From Yonago IC on the Yonago Expwy. to Niimi IC on the Chugoku Expwy.: 1 hour and 30 min. (113 km)
- From Sakaide JCT on the Seto-chuo Expwy. to Niimi IC (via Seto-ohashi Bridge): 3 hours (115 km)
- From Okayama City to Niimi City: 2 hours
- By Expressway Bus
- From Osaka Umeda to Chugoku Niimi: 3 hours and 30 min.
- By Train
- From Osaka Sta. to Niimi Sta. (Take the Shinkansen line to Okayama Sta. and transfer to the JR Hakubi line): 2 hours
- From Hiroshima Sta. to Niimi Sta. (Take the Shinkansen line to Okayama Sta. and transfer to the JR Hakubi line): 2 hours
- From Yonago Sta. to Niimi Sta. (via Limited Express trains “Tokkyu Yakumo” on the JR Hakubi line): 1 hour and 10 min.
- From Sakaide Sta. in Shikoku to Niimi Sta. (via Seto-ohashi Bridge): 2 hours
- By Airplane
- From Haneda Airport to Okayama Airport: 1 hour
- All Japan Gymkhana Championship
- 2019 D1 Grand Prix Series
- D1 Street Legal
- MSC Challenge
- Four-day Endurance Race
- Official website (in Japanese only)
Tips for visiting the Bihoku Highland Circuit
There are no direct accommodation facilities near the circuit neither restaurants so make sure you bring your own meal for the day. However in Niimi and surrounding area you can enjoy delicious Chiyagyu beef and relaxing onsen (hot spring baths) and the natural splendor of the Ikura-do and Maki-do Caves. This location is great for enjoying delicious food, for sightseeing.